Bridgestone Blizzak WS-70: Concentrated technology
Including Multicell Tube, 3D Zigzag sipes, NanoPro-Tech rubber: To meet tough specifications, the Bridgestone Blizzak WS-70 uses the latest technologies developed by the tyre manufacturer.
On the same topic
Multicell Tube compound: For better grip on ice
The Multicell Tube technology, used by the rubber compound, absorbs the thin layer of water found on the surface of ice, thereby improving the tyre’s contact with the ground.
As water is cleared, the bite particles come into contact with the ice and provide even more grip.
3D Zigzag sipes: To maintain block stiffness
On winter and Nordic tyres, the stiffness of tread blocks is decisive. The 3D Zigzag sipes were developed with this in mind. They have a “washboard” shape as well as support bars that prevent movements. This technical solution aims to improve grip on snow and ice covered roads, but also increase the tyre’s longevity.
NanoPro tech: A rubber that remains flexible
The rubber compound also uses the NanoPro-Tech technology that provides an even distribution of the silica on a molecular scale. This means that the rubber remains flexible, even in very low temperature conditions. This technology also optimises ground contact.
A directional tread pattern: To efficiently clear water and slush
With a staggered centre rib and four longitudinal grooves to evacuate water, the tread blocks quickly clear water and slush. The uni-directional tread pattern and multi-angular sipes ensure good traction on snow-covered surfaces.
Articles in the same header
- Bridgestone Blizzak Spike-01, the studded tyre for extreme winter conditions
- Hankook presents the Ventus S1 evo2 SUV, a high performance tyre for SUVs
- Uniroyal MS Plus 77, designed for wet weather driving
- Hankook unveils the Ventus V12 evo2, a new versatile sports tyre
- Dunlop Winter Response 2: New winter tyre for compact cars
- Will the tyre of the future be able to automatically adapt to driving conditions?
- Cooper Zeon CS Sport, the latest newcomer in the ultra-high performance tyre category
- Uniroyal RainSport 3: The return of the rain tyre
- Uniroyal RainSport 3: Test session
- Firestone unveils its new winter tyre: The Winterhawk 3