Bridgestone Turanza T001: Technology
A new rubber compound, advanced asymmetric tread design and tension control: To obtain the optimal balance of performance characteristics, Bridgestone uses the most sophisticated technology.
To strike the right balance between grip and rolling resistance, Bridgestone has developed a new Silica rich compound (90%). It incorporates NanoPro-Tech technology which reduces excess heat production caused by the deformation of the compound when rolling.
An advanced tread pattern
- An asymmetric tread design optimises the tyre’s behaviour on the wet (inner face) and on the dry (outer face).
- Wide circumferential grooves evacuate water and reduce the risk of aquaplaning.
- Reinforced shoulders improve road contact for both braking and cornering.
- Sipes in the central blocks inclined at 60° offer an enhanced braking performance and a wider footprint.
- Grooves (type Helmholtz) reduce the rolling noise.
A complex architecture
- The stiffer belt combined with a flexible sidewall lowers the rolling resistance.
- Reducing the amount of rubber used results in a lighter tyre.
- Low temperature curing ensures an even tension across the sidewall and casing.
Articles in the same header
- Hankook Dynapro HP2: A high performance summer tyre for SUVs
- GoodYear EfficientGrip Compact: A safe, economical summer tyre for city cars
- Nokian zLine, Line and eLine: The Finnish tyre manufacturer launches three new summer tyres
- Bridgestone Potenza Adrenalin RE002: Tests at the Ascari race track
- Bridgestone Potenza Adrenalin RE002: Sport tyre for city and compact cars
- Goodyear EfficientGrip Performance: Track test
- Goodyear EfficientGrip Performance: A touring tyre with a BA label rating
- Vredestein Ultrac Vorti R: A sleekly designed ultra-high performance tyre
- Dunlop Sport BluResponse: A touring tyre with a high label rating
- Pirelli PZero Nero GT: A sports tyre suitable for a wide range of cars