Dunlop Sport Maxx Race: A racing tyre for the road (or the contrary)
Alongside the Sport Maxx RT presentation, Dunlop unveiled the Sport Maxx Race, an elitist tyre for super car owners who drive their car on the road and the track. Here’s a detailed review of this eye-catching newcomer and the test behind the wheel of an Audi R8 V10.
On the same topic
Although relatively confidential in terms of volume, the super sport market is a driving force for the automobile industry. Any self-respecting tyre manufacturer must offer an ultra-high performance tyre range. This is Dunlop’s case with its new Sport Maxx Race.
This exceptional tyre is designed for ultra-high performance sports cars such as the Mercedes C63 AMG Black Series, Porsche 997 GT3, BMW M5, Audi TT-RS, Audi R8. Building on race-derived state-of-the-art technology, the Sport Maxx Race aims for efficiency and pure driving pleasure. From a technical standpoint, the challenge for this type of product consists in combining the features of both sport and road tyres. In other words, the tyre must be able to withstand the extreme stresses it is subjected to during a day on the track and provide optimum safety when driving on wet roads.
Tyres similar to the SP Sport Maxx RT:
- Dunlop SP Sport Maxx Race: Technology
- Dunlop SP Sport Maxx Race: Dimensions
- Dunlop SP Sport Maxx Race: The rezulteo test
The Dunlop Sport Maxx Race is fitted on the Mercedes C63 AMG Black Series
With its V8 engine producing 517HP, the C63 is a one of a kind sports car with a predator look resembling a classy dragster. The power transferred to the rear wheels requires tyres that are beyond reproach. For Dunlop, it is a special honour that the Sport Maxx Race is provided in the “track pack” option.
Articles in the same header
- Pirelli Winter Sottozero 3: A high performance winter tyre
- EuroAllSeason AS200: Falken’s first all season tyre
- Nokian WR SUV 3: A high performance winter tyre for SUVs and compact 4x4s
- Hankook Dynapro HP2: A high performance summer tyre for SUVs
- GoodYear EfficientGrip Compact: A safe, economical summer tyre for city cars
- Nokian zLine, Line and eLine: The Finnish tyre manufacturer launches three new summer tyres
- Bridgestone Potenza Adrenalin RE002: Tests at the Ascari race track
- Bridgestone Potenza Adrenalin RE002: Sport tyre for city and compact cars
- Goodyear EfficientGrip Performance: Track test
- Goodyear EfficientGrip Performance: A touring tyre with a BA label rating