Dunlop Sport Maxx Race: State-of-the-art technology
The Dunlop Sport Maxx Race has been developed for mixed use. It provides both grip and durability on the track and guarantees a safe drive, particularly on wet roads. These performance requirements need completely different technical solutions.
On the same topic
A race-inspired rubber compound
The Dunlop Sport Maxx Race uses a motorsport derived compound. This tyre features a blend of a race-proven polymer and a traction enhancing plasticiser which provides increased adaptability to road surfaces.
An optimised tread design
The Dunlop Sport Maxx Race with its asymmetric tread design features a massive outer shoulder block that provides enhanced cornering stability. A welcome quality for race track driving where tyres are subjected to high stresses.
The high angle grooves ensure increased lateral stiffness and improve cornering grip.
Four longitudinal grooves efficiently drain water when driving on wet roads.
A reinforced structure
Tyres have a natural tendency to become oval at speed. To limit this phenomenon and provide an optimum footprint at all times, the Dunlop Sport Maxx Race uses a hybrid overlay comprising Aramid, a heat resistant and strong synthetic fibre.
- Dunlop Sport Race: A road tyre for the race track (or the contrary)
- Dunlop Sport Race: Dimensions
- Dunlop Sport Race: The rezulteo test
Articles in the same header
- Bridgestone Blizzak Spike-01, the studded tyre for extreme winter conditions
- Hankook presents the Ventus S1 evo2 SUV, a high performance tyre for SUVs
- Uniroyal MS Plus 77, designed for wet weather driving
- Hankook unveils the Ventus V12 evo2, a new versatile sports tyre
- Dunlop Winter Response 2: New winter tyre for compact cars
- Will the tyre of the future be able to automatically adapt to driving conditions?
- Cooper Zeon CS Sport, the latest newcomer in the ultra-high performance tyre category
- Uniroyal RainSport 3: The return of the rain tyre
- Uniroyal RainSport 3: Test session
- Firestone unveils its new winter tyre: The Winterhawk 3