Goodyear EfficientGrip SUV: Green tyre for on-road 4x4’s
Three years after the launch of the EfficientGrip, winner of several comparative tests, Goodyear is introducing the EfficientGrip SUV. As its name suggests, this tyre targets on-road 4x4’s. Combining fuel savings, a quiet comfortable ride and safety, this eco-friendly tyre is designed to deliver high performance.
How can fuel consumption and CO2 emissions be reduced for a tyre designed for SUV’s and 4x4’s with no effect on performance expectations? Goodyear has addressed this challenge with the new EfficientGrip SUV. To succeed, the tyre manufacturer has developed a “Fuel Saving Technology” which uses new manufacturing processes and innovative materials. This technology gives a lighter tyre with a lower rolling resistance; therefore less energy is required for driving.
Goodyear ordered performance tests to be conducted by TÜV SÜD Automotive, the German audit and certification organisation. Here are the main results:
- Fuel consumption: Rolling resistance is reduced by 10% compared with its predecessor.
- Braking: The EfficientGrip SUV offers 6% shorter braking distances on wet roads and 5% on dry roads compared with average values taken for three tyres from key competitors.
- Comfort: Reduced rolling noise offers enhanced driving comfort.
Tyres similar to the Goodyear EfficientGrip SUV
|Michelin||Latitude Tour HP
|Bridgestone||Dueler H/T 684|
Articles in the same header
- Bridgestone Blizzak Spike-01, the studded tyre for extreme winter conditions
- Hankook presents the Ventus S1 evo2 SUV, a high performance tyre for SUVs
- Uniroyal MS Plus 77, designed for wet weather driving
- Hankook unveils the Ventus V12 evo2, a new versatile sports tyre
- Dunlop Winter Response 2: New winter tyre for compact cars
- Will the tyre of the future be able to automatically adapt to driving conditions?
- Cooper Zeon CS Sport, the latest newcomer in the ultra-high performance tyre category
- Uniroyal RainSport 3: The return of the rain tyre
- Uniroyal RainSport 3: Test session
- Firestone unveils its new winter tyre: The Winterhawk 3