Michelin Pilot Alpin 4: Heavily grooved tread pattern, 3D sipes and a flexible rubber compound.
The Pilot Alpin uses the latest technologies developed by Michelin. As such, it inaugurates Ridge-n-Flex which combines an optimised tread pattern for winter driving (StabiliGrip sipes) and a flexible rubber compound (Helio Compound 3D).
On the same topic
For its new Pilot Alpin, Michelin offers a completely redesigned tread pattern and a new rubber compound.
A highly grooved tread pattern
Compared to the Pilot Alpin 3, the tread pattern has more biting edges to provide maximum grip on winter roads. It has up to 74% more edges and up to 135% more sipes than its predecessor.
Designed in 3D (StabiliGrip), sipes are more deeply grooved and are placed at various angles to provide maximum traction regardless of the steering wheel angle. This technology also breaks the water film and provides increased rigidity of tread blocks.
A more flexible rubber compound
For a winter tyre, the quality of the rubber compound is decisive. For its new Pilot Alpin, Michelin has improved its silica based rubber compound using sunflower oil (Helio Compound). This compound provides excellent flexibility in cold weather, which guarantees outstanding grip on wet, icy and snow covered roads.
- Michelin Pilot Alpin 4 : Tyre sizes
- Michelin Pilot Alpin 4 : The rezulteo test
- Michelin Pilot Alpin 4 : Performance
Articles in the same header
- Bridgestone Blizzak Spike-01, the studded tyre for extreme winter conditions
- Hankook presents the Ventus S1 evo2 SUV, a high performance tyre for SUVs
- Uniroyal MS Plus 77, designed for wet weather driving
- Hankook unveils the Ventus V12 evo2, a new versatile sports tyre
- Dunlop Winter Response 2: New winter tyre for compact cars
- Will the tyre of the future be able to automatically adapt to driving conditions?
- Cooper Zeon CS Sport, the latest newcomer in the ultra-high performance tyre category
- Uniroyal RainSport 3: The return of the rain tyre
- Uniroyal RainSport 3: Test session
- Firestone unveils its new winter tyre: The Winterhawk 3