Michelin Primacy 3: Safety comes first
With the new Primacy 3, Michelin is offering a new reference in the high-end tyre market. Its qualities? Safety is uppermost in Michelin’s mind, with performances that, according to the tyre manufacturer, outclass its competitors. But also the higher total mileage and the reduced fuel consumption. It will be marketed from February 2012.
On the same topic
Successor of the Michelin Primacy HP, a manufacturer’s favourite, the Michelin Primacy 3 also targets family saloons and MPV’s.
Launched in 2006, the Michelin Primacy HP quickly became a favourite with car manufacturers looking for high performance tyres. This tyre was approved almost 200 times.
With the Primacy 3, Michelin announces that, in terms of safety, they have pushed its tyre’s performances even further regardless of the driving conditions encountered: On both dry and wet roads, when driving on the straight or when cornering.
As part of its ongoing commitment to deliver performance balance, the tyre manufacturer has also kept user costs as low as possible. For this, Michelin has increased the higher total mileage of the Primacy 3 and reduces the fuel consumption of vehicles fitted with the tyre. Michelin estimates that 70 litres of fuel are economised over the tyre’s entire service life.
“Power of 3” Safety
According to tests conducted by Tüv Süd Automotive and Idiada, two independent test organisations, the Michelin Primacy 3 outclasses its competitors on the following points:
• Grip when braking on dry surfaces;
• Grip when braking on wet surfaces;
• Grip when cornering on wet surfaces.
- Braking on a dry surface. When braking from 100 km/h to zero, the Michelin Primacy 3 stops 2.2 metres shorter than its competitors.
- Braking on a wet surface. When braking from 80 km/h to zero, the Michelin Primacy 3 stops 1.50 metres shorter than its competitors.
- Cornering on a wet surface. From 90 km/h to zero, the Michelin Primacy 3 delivers additional grip that amounts to 3 km/h compared to its competitors.
Tyres similar to the Michelin Primacy 3
|Bridgestone||Turanza ER300 Ecopia|
|Dunlop||SP Sport 01|
Articles in the same header
- Pirelli Winter Sottozero 3: A high performance winter tyre
- EuroAllSeason AS200: Falken’s first all season tyre
- Nokian WR SUV 3: A high performance winter tyre for SUVs and compact 4x4s
- Hankook Dynapro HP2: A high performance summer tyre for SUVs
- GoodYear EfficientGrip Compact: A safe, economical summer tyre for city cars
- Nokian zLine, Line and eLine: The Finnish tyre manufacturer launches three new summer tyres
- Bridgestone Potenza Adrenalin RE002: Tests at the Ascari race track
- Bridgestone Potenza Adrenalin RE002: Sport tyre for city and compact cars
- Goodyear EfficientGrip Performance: Track test
- Goodyear EfficientGrip Performance: A touring tyre with a BA label rating